Start a new topic

I can't sign in

Whenever I open up OCTGN, I usually see a news feed and user subscription percentage. Recently, neither shows up and I am unable to sign in. I have uninstalled OCTGN completely and re-installed the programs with no luck. 

Please help me out so I can sign back in. Thank you!

2 people have this problem

I am having the same issue and submitted a ticket.  I was told to ask here for help, and happened to see this topic.  Anyone have any advice?

Maybe try restarting? Could be a connection issue with your machine?

I have restarted both octgn and my computer several times.  I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now.  I'm assuming it's a connection issue; what I need help with is determining what the specific issue is and how to resolve it.  Is there a diagnostic tool I could run that would help others figure out what the problem is?

i have the same issue, whats odd is that it depends on the location for me, it works most places but at my house it wont connect, most inconvenient

If you guys could toss up your logs that may help us figure out what's wrong.

I saved this log after trying to log in (and failing) and trying to start a game (and failing, with an error message.)

Looks liek you have a proxy issue. Disable any proxies you have on here http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/675-how-to-configure-proxy-settings-in-windows-7/

That is odd, because I don't have any proxies set up, i.e. none to disable.

So all of the boxes in that proxy window are unchecked? If you could double check and make sure they are that would help. Also, it's possible you have a firewall running that's creating a proxy and breaking things, I would look into trying to disable that and see if that helps.

Yep, all the boxes are unchecked.  Here's a screenshot.

How would I go about checking to see if I have a firewall set up?  To my knowledge, I never set one up.

Proxies.jpg
(252 KB)

Open up PowerShell and paste in the following command, run it, and let me know the result you get.

netsh winhttp show proxy -r www.google.com

Current WinHTTP proxy settings:  Direct Access (no proxy server).

Go into C:\Users\Marocchi\Documents\OCTGN\OCTGN\ and replace the file OCTGN.exe.config with the attached file and let me know how it goes.

When I click on that link or save it, it creates an XML file.  I replaced the existing OCTGN.exe.config with the XML file and it would not start up.  Am I missing something on how to put the file you attached into OCTGN?

Login to post a comment