Start a new topic

Changing player order in game?

Hi, I play VTES. In VTES, player positoning is very important and is set by a random dice roll. Is there any way to change the player's position in the game? For example, there's a tab with a player's name, life total, and cards in hand.. There is no way for me to move my name before their name indicating play order.

Any workarounds?

"Now, you can get python to generate and adhere to a custom player order, and make a custom next turn button that jumps to the proper player."

How?

Store the ordered list of players as a global variable, then use player.setActivePlayer() in your 'next turn' function to pass turn to the next player in the list

Can you please dumb it down and give a step by step instruction? I dont know what that means sorry :)

The player tabs dont have any influence over turn order -- the local player is always first on their own respective game window. In addition, OCTGN's turn system doesnt pass the turn to the next player in line. For multiplayer games you have to actually choose the player youre passing the turn to. OCTGN doesnt actually know who "should" be next in line. Now, you can get python to generate and adhere to a custom player order, and make a custom next turn button that jumps to the proper player.
Login to post a comment