Start a new topic

Get News Feed and Updates but can't sign in

I decided to create a new post from the one that was made two months ago as my error is slightly different.

I am able to receive the news feed and as it is booting up, it seems to be successful checking for updates but I have never been able to sign in since creating an account and downloading the program a week ago. I continually get a "Cannot log in. Please try again later" error after 10-20 seconds.

I checked my windows firewall and OCTGN is a permitted program.

I checked for proxies and I don't have any enabled.

My anti-virus is up-to-date and recently scanned.

I've run a DNS flush to no effect.

I have no issues with other websites or applications.

I've attached my log.

I'm really looking forward to trying OCTGN out so thanks in advance for your help!

txt

2 people have this problem

Have you tried resetting your password? The log shows that you're getting authentication errors.

It's weird. I tried to update my password and the webpage said "Unable to update password." But when I logged out and logged back in to the website, my old password stopped working and my new password did work. 

I tried to log in to the application with my old password and it told me that my password was incorrect. I try to log in with my new password and it tries for about 20 seconds and then tells me to try again later.

I can log in to the website no problem using my username and password. Just not the application.

Are you resetting your password here http://www.octgn.net/Account/ResetPasswordRequest ?

I used the forgot my password link from the application.

When I tried the link you sent me I got the email with the recovery code and got to the page it linked me to but when I tried to change my password, it gave me the following error:

"There was a problem. Please try again."

Obviously, I tried a couple of times. I get the same error message each time.

Ok this should be resolved for you now.

Works like a charm. 

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Unfortunately Im Having the excact same problem Wrecko had word for word

@kerosine Go here http://www.octgn.net/Account/ResetPasswordRequest and do a password reset. That should solve your problem now.

Hi, 

same problem here. But the PW reset didn`t change anything.

First OCTGN worked fine this morning (my first try ever and I like to comment: "It`s awesome!" =). 

But then I played a session of Netrunner OCTGN crashed.  

The Sign in process freezes at the "Authenticating"-Step and I got the Error: "Login Failed: Please try again later." 

Newsfeed and Updates are working. 

I checked my windows firewall.

My anti-virus is up-to-date and recently scanned.

I've run a DNS flush.

I reinstalled and replicated the error several times. 

I found this thread and change my PW two times, but it didn`t work! =/

I've attached my log.

thx in advance! 

txt
Login to post a comment